The Classroom Speakers Program is a curriculum-enhancement program that brings knowledgeable community members into the classroom to make learning come alive. Both volunteer and paid professional presenters are catalogued, resulting in the most comprehensive listing of curriculum-enhancement resources available to teachers in the Denver area.
Classroom Speakers Program Goals
- To enhance curriculum by bringing speakers and programs into the schools.
- To expose students to academic and cultural experiences that broaden their understanding of the world beyond the classroom.
- To allow teachers to to focus on their classrooms while CRI handles the scheduling of their requested presentations.
School Participation Levels
- Gold Level Enrichment: Provides a school with unlimited speaker presentation requests each year: $1,500
- Silver Level Enrichment: Provides a school with 50 speaker presentation requests each year: $1,000
- Bronze Level Enrichment: Provides a school with 25 speaker presentations for the year: $600
- A single request for a non-participating school : $50
- More than 500 topics, including field trips and assemblies
- A catalog organized by subject and grade level. Both a hard copy and on-line access are available
- The ability to search for and request programs on-line
Program costs include:
- Copies of the Classroom Speakers Catalog for your school
- Staff in-service scheduled in August or September
- Coordination of all speaker visits
- Speaker visit confirmations and reminders
- Field trip scheduling and confirmations
- All-school assembly scheduling and confirmations
- Evaluation opportunities for each presentation
- Special requests (may have additional fees)
Program cost does not include:
- Fees charged by speakers, programs or field trips
- Scheduling of and fees for transportation for field trips