All Family Nights are held at local elementary or middle schools and run from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. Volunteers are needed to help with set up (5:00), serving refreshments (5:30 to 6:00), and the volunteers help the families rotate to the various learning (6:00 to 7:00).
Responsibilities of Volunteers at Various Nights
- Reading Nights– Volunteers read to small groups of children for thirty minutes while their parents meet with a reading professional. Complimentary books provided for the students at the school.
- Response to Literacy– Volunteers read to a group of families stopping the story before the ending. Volunteers then have guests write their own ending to the story and lead a sharing session. Stories/materials provided for the volunteers.
- Math/Games Night– Volunteers teach very simple math games to families. All materials and instructions provided.
- Art Night– Volunteers help with the distribution of art supplies and then assist the art instructor and families with their creations.
- All Other Nights– Volunteers help families rotate to the various learning activities.